Red wing 4th of July road race

I would say 10K is one of my favorite distance. It's not too long and doesn't require as much training as the half marathon (I don't consider a marathon would be something on my range as it takes time and dedication to train for one). 5K is a good distance if you like sprinting. For me, I'm kinda a slow runner and it takes a while for my energy to "kick in". 



The drive to Red wing, MN took us 1 hr and 20 mins. It's a small town on the Mississippi river south of Eau Claire. The 10K started at 8.30am and had only 50++ people. Small and friendly. The 5K started 10 minutes later and had a lot more people. There were a couple of hills on the course but thye were manageable. Today I recorded my new PR for this distance!

After the race, we went to the farmer's market and Falcon winery. Farmer's market was a lot smaller than the one in EC. Only 10++ vendors but we got some veggies and a jar of (spicy bloody mary mix). Guess what is our plan tomorrow morning???? :)



Red wing is famous for its (Minnesota) wine trail. We tasted some wine at Falcon winery but were kinda disappointed.

Anyway, it's a good getaway on the 4th of July weekend. Doesn't take too much time and still interesting :) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler