Attempting the marathon loop at Mohican

On Saturday February 18, a group of us went to Mohican State Park to run the marathon loop (long loop) for Mohican 100. We stopped at Mellor's for breakfast. I had two eggs, bacon, and toast with a cup-ish of coffee. 

After breakfast, we drove to the trailhead and started running around 8.15. The weather was perfect (50-60F). The course is challenging with a lot of hills. Majority of the course is on mountain bike trails, which, in my opinion, makes the course easier to run compared to bridle trails. It reminds me of the terrain at Lowes Creek Park in Eau Claire. Occasionally, we had to stop and give way to mountain bikers. 

Around Mile 13-14, my ankle started to act up and I was thinking about cutting it short. However, due to logistics problem, I decided to keep going with the group. Eventually, we cut it short and only went 23 miles instead of the whole marathon loop.


The famous root climb.


Took picture with the gnomes.


Mohican 100 has 3 distances - a marathon (only ONE long loop), a 50 miler (one long and one short loop), and a 100 (2 long loops and 2 short loops). I'm still debating which distance I should sign up for. For now, I know that I can run the marathon without any problem (just need to complete heal the ankle) but I doubt about the 50 miler. Not sure if I will have time to train. The prices will go up on March 1 and I need to make decision soon. >_< 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler