Back from vacay, back on track

It's been a week since the last update. I had been on a do-nothing vacation in the Dominican Republic. We booked an adult-only, all-inclusive resort in Punta cana and were there from Friday to Wednesday. Luckily, the hotel gave us an upgrade to a honeymoon suite (yay). The resort was nice and most importantly drinks and food were already included in the price!

I got a chance to practice open water swimming in the sea. The shore is pretty shallow with a lot of seaweed under the water making it difficult to swim. However, I practiced the sighting technique and am now more confident in open water swimming.


Workout at the gym. All equipment menus are in spanish AND in metric system!! I had to run with a calculator (on my phone) in my hand. The gym played folk music from Venezuela, which is pretty much like Thai Loog-Toong music. haha


We came back from the DR on Wednesday and I continued my training on Thursday and Friday. Thursday, I swam 1km and Friday I biked 10 miles. Hard to keep up the workout after the chillaxing vacation.


My next goal (besides the triathlon) is to practice yoga by myself at home. I want to be able to create my own sequences for my own practice. Will see how it goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler