12-mile trail run on Mother's day

One week after the half marathon I'm out running a 12 mile long run (on trail).

In the past, I found that if I did not stay active after the race, I would feel down or sore for at least a week. This year I went to an easy yoga class at the gym a day after the race (found it too easy with so little movement that I was frustrated with the instructor >_<)

Because I have another race, Superior Spring Trail 25K, in two weeks, I needed to do another long run on trail before beginning to taper (again). Indianhead track club crew joined me for the run on Mother's day. We started at 10.30am because one of us had to do a mom's duty (spending time with the family) in the morning. I "planted" the water on the other side of the park prior to the run so everyone could make a water stop there.

Running vocab - To plant the water - means to create a temporary water stop on the long run route by leaving bottles of water at a specific location.

I first heard of this word when my running group was doing the 15-mile long run on one Saturday. I thought it was another running jargon like fartlek, tempo, etc. Nope, it's not. When I used this word with other runners, they thought I was drunk and I typed some random words in the chat group (haha).

Twelve miles completed today. It took me 3.5 hours to get 12 miles in but I felt really good after the run.



Then, came home and took a long nap. Then, started eating like my stomach is a black hole. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler