2022 Towpath half marathon

Towpath half marathon is in the books. After our 5-miler race on St Patrick's day in St Louis, P. wanted to run another 5 miler. I found that the Towpath Half had 2 distances - 5 miles and a half marathon. So, I signed him up for the 5 miler and I did the half marathon (of course). 

The morning of the race was reallyyyyy cold. We got there about 1 hour before the race to get the parking spot and use the porta potty. Then, we stayed in our EV until 5 minutes before the start because it was too cold to stand outside. 

The first half of the race was nice. I saw a couple of friends at the start and ran with them for a couple of miles. The half marathon started about 10 minutes before the 5 miler. We ran north to the turn-around point (about 2.5 miles) then turned around and ran south where the 5 miler finished but the half marathoners kept going. 



The second part of the race was very windy as we were out in the open area. I had to slow down and walk up the bridges but I was able to keep a consistent pace throughout the race and finished faster than I expected (given how out of shape and busy I was). 

P. finished wayyyy before I did and he went back to wait in the car. 



Overall, the race was pretty uneventful. If you like running on the Towpath, it was a great race because it was pretty quiet. I don't know if I can get P. to sign up for a half marathon before the end of the year or not but he seems uninterested in the longer distance LOL


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler