CVTR Dirt Series - Spring Splash

The first race of the Chippewa Valley Trail Runners (CVTR) Dirt Series of the year - Spring Splash. The race is small and friendly, organized by CVTR at Lowes Creek park. Originally, the race was supposed to be in the evening of Tuesday (May 3) but due to predicted thunder storm, the race organizer changed it to be on Thursday (May 5). Then, the race organizer put on a poll on Facebook group for people to vote if they would like the race to be on Thursday or Friday (Friday was forecast to be hot and humid ~80F).

Finally, they changed the race to be on Friday. I could not make it to the Thursday race because I already had a plan on that evening. So, I was super glad that they changed to Friday (though some people were disappointed as they couldn't make it on Friday). I always enjoyed running with CVTR as they are a friendly, easy-going group. Trail running is also so much fun.

It was very hot on Friday. I got out of work early so I decided to get some miles in before the race. Ran Ant hill about (1.5 mile) and was already dehydrated. When the race started, I knew I had to slow down and walk as it was impossible for me to run fast in that weather.



Along the course, there were "water balloon trolls" and water splash trap (by Jen's daughters). It was so good to have people throwing water balloons at me at that point. In order to earn an extra point, you had to go into a creek and get a poker chip. I totally missed the creek as I was busy following the runner in front of me (darn). NVM. I still had fun anyway :)

Although the time was not as fast as my normal pace, who cares. The point was to have fun and I did. Met new people and hung out a little bit after the race. This race was operated completely on volunteers. There was no entry fee and people would volunteer to help set up, take down the signs, and bring treats/beverages. That's why I love this group and want to participate in future races.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler