Pincha Mayurasana (Forearm stand) steps explained

My next goal for the challenging yoga pose is to be able to do a forearm stand (Pincha Mayurasana) away from the wall. 

Of course, like every challenging pose, the wall is your best friend. With an increased intensity in my running, I don't really have time to go to a yoga class that fits my schedule. So, I have to practice at home. 

Yoga practice at home gives you the flexibility and convenience as you can practice whenever you want. I find it helpful when you have a specific pose that you would like to work on. I downloaded a sequence that builds up for the forearm stand from the internet. I used it as a guideline and modified some poses based on what I felt like at that time (e.g., added sun salutation A & B).

This is the sequence that I use (Forearm stand sequence

I also watched a lot of Youtube tutorials on how to do this pose and tips. They are really helpful in breaking down and understanding the pose. 

As they said, practice makes perfect. I still have a longggggg way to go in order to perfect this pose but I take it as my next yoga goal :) 



Although there are benefits of yoga practice at home, I still like to go to yoga classes that are taught by good instructors. Good instructors are willing to work with you and encourage you to explore new poses, challenge your limits, and give you technical advice as well as mental support. I used to see a person cried in a yoga class because she could not do a headstand and the instructor did not seem to care. I was frustrated and stopped going to that instructor's class (this is a long story. will write a blog about it when I have time).  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler