CVTR Dirt Series - The Last Crusade 5K

Three days after the Superior Spring Trail I was out running another trail race in Eau Claire.

This race was the second race of the CVTR Dirt Series organized by Chippewa Valley Trail Runners. The theme of the race was The Last Crusade (from the movie Indiana Jones). Runners got a bonus point if they took back a "mysterious object" in a box located somewhere on the trail.

This time I volunteered to bring post race snacks to the race. My ideas for snacks were from the aid station at the Superior Trail race last week. Brought cookies, chips, gummy bears, m&ms, and orange. I love preparing post race snacks!

The weather was warm but we still had fun. The course was a little bit harder than the last race. The good thing about running the Superior Trail race is that any hill around here seems so flat. I even ran down some hills. Great group of runners showed up as usual. I thought it would be nice to ask P. to be the photographer at the race. He agreed to do it.




We had a digital camera that we rarely used these days because of iPhone cameras. So, we got nice quality pictures from the race yesterday to post them in the Facebook group.


 I was still recovering from the Superior race so I took this as an opportunity to do an easy run to get ride of soreness. It worked! Did not care much about my time. Since P. was at the race with me, I did not have to rush home after the race. So, we hung around to talk to people and take more photos.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler