Tri Run Row Ride

"Tri" Eau Claire Run Row Ride is a fun event to raise money for youth recreation scholarships organized by the city county. The event was non-timed and very relaxing. The biking leg was 10 miles, running 3 miles, and paddling (kayaking) 2 miles. I happened to have all the equipment needed for the race. First, I thought I was not going to do this race because it would be too close to the other one that I signed up. However, the price to join was only 25 dollars (for triathlon!?!?!). So, I thought I would use this as a "practice" race before My First Tri.

I woke up at 6 am to load the equipments and ate breakfast. Luckily, the race was in town so we did not have to drive too far. We dropped off the kayak at Phoenix park around 7.30 and went to Hobb Ice Arena to get the package. There were probably only 40 to 50 people in the race, which made it relaxing and fun. I love small races.

This is how our car looked like when everything was loaded.

The race started with biking. On the map, I thought the course was going to be flat but NO. It started ascending around mile 3 and kept going steeper. Urgh. I finished the biking leg in 40 minutes (as expected).


Then, the second leg was 3 miles run. After biking for a while, your legs felt like jello but I was able to keep the 10 minute/mile pace throughout the run part. 


The last leg was padding (row) for 2 miles back to the starting point. This part is equivalent to swimming in the normal triathlon race. I loaded the kayak and began paddling but did not forget to smile at the camera :) 


Although they said it's a non-timed event, I saw that I came in at 1 hour and 34 minutes - not too bad for the first timer :) Triathlon was so much fun! because you switch from one sport to the others and don't spend too much time on one single sport. I'm really looking forward to the next race :) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler