My First Tri - Sprint distance triathlon

Officially became a triathlete!!! Yay...

This triathlon race was specifically toward first timers. So, it was not too intimidating - swim 400 m, bike 10 miles, and run 2 miles. We stayed overnight in Woodbury because we needed to pick up the race package on Friday night and did not want to drive from Eau Claire in the morning.

We arrived at the race location around 7 to set up the transition area and get body marked.


This is what my transition area looked like.


The race was time trial so everyone started at 5 seconds apart, which made it nice for first timers (less stress). The water was cold (for me) so I was glad that I rent a wetsuit. Swimming was okay and I was confident because I practiced in rough water two days ago. Even though I was not fast, I slowly progressed forward :)


Then, the biking was 10 miles through a flat terrain (better than last time).


Then, I finished with 2 mile run, which I could keep the pace at 6.2 mph. The first mile was horrible. My legs felt like jelly and I had to take walk breaks. However, I was able to pick up the pace at mile 2. So, it would be nice if the run was 3 miles because I just felt the momentum during the 2nd mile.


That's it! I am so proud of myself and my hubby for his support. After he watched my race (and took pictures), the first thing he said to me after I crossed the finish line was "you need a better bike".


It may be the time for a new bike ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler