Snow in Spring?

April is usually the busiest month in Spring for me. Semester is wrapping up. A lot of reports to grade and exams to prepare. However, I managed to get pretty good workouts this week. 

Monday - I needed to get some work done on Sunday and help at the Healthy kids running series so I did not get to ride on Sunday. Felt guilty so I did an indoor trainer ride on Monday morning instead. Forgot to wear my tri shorts so got chaffing a bit in the inner thigh. 


Tuesday - 1.24 miles swim at ONAT. Now feel comfortable with bilateral breathing and no longer feel like I'm drowning :)

Wednesday - Overslept the morning indoor cycling class because I taught until 6.30pm the night before. Did not get home until 7ish. Very exhausted. It was nice outside on Wednesday so I took my bike out for a short ride around the house instead. 



Thursday - Join M. and C. for a short 3 mile run at Happy Days lodge. I wanted to do 6 (2 loops) but did not feel like it. So I just ran one loop with the girls. We had a nice conversation. 




Friday - We got 6-8 inches of snow on Thursday night (Yes, it's NE Ohio). So everywhere was covered in snow when I woke up on Friday morning. Since I already scheduled a run with a colleague, I had to be there. We did a nice short 3 miles loop around her house in the snow. It was CRAZYYYYYY 



Saturday - Misunderstood the group run start time so I showed up one hour early to the run. We was supposed to start at Station road bridge trailhead. So I put in 3 miles before everyone got there. The only instruction I got before the group run was we were going to run North. They did not tell me where to run, what trails we would be on, how long, etc. Ended up running 14 miles on the Towpath with the Dark Side group because they wanted to survey the route for Canal Corridor 100 (the race that I happened to know that I am also on the committee lol). When we got back to the trailhead, I already had 17 miles. However, it felt unfinished so I ran 3 more miles to get a 20 miler. 

*Note: This week I got a free bib to run the Pro Football Hall of Fame marathon on April 30. Someone cannot run it so he gave his bib away. Guess I will be running a marathon in 3 weeks O_o*




After the long run, I came home to shower then left again for the Canal Corridor 100, a 100 mile race on the Towpath in July. I am helping them to do social media ads. So I'm automatically on the committee.


Took a nice and easy Sunday. Worked a bit until the Healthy Kids running series at 3.45pm. The second week was better as everyone (including our runners) knew what to do. It was fun to see little kids running 50 or 75 yards and other older kids running a 0.25, 0.5 and a mile. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler