2017 Pro Football Hall of Fame marathon

At the beginning of April, someone in MCRR posted in Facebook group that he could not run the marathon at Pro Football Hall of Fame marathon. He was looking for someone to take his bib for free of charge. The race only cost 26.2 dollars due to some promotion last year. In my mind, I would not run this race if I needed to pay anything even the transfer fee. So not worth it. I already signed up for the sprint triathlon and Salt Fork 10 miles the week before and after.

Turned out that I did not have to pay anything even the transfer fee. So, I signed up to run the full marathon. I did not really train for the race. The longest run I had 2 weeks prior the race was 20 miles on the Towpath.



The weather had been changing every day the week leading to the race. We started the race at around 60ish degrees and then it started to warm up until it reached 85 degrees. It was BRUTAL to be out there for 5ish hours.

I was lucky to be able to tag along a friend whom I met at BBA 50K. She was going to run slow and my goal was to beat the sweeper bus lol So, we ran together for 23 miles. Then, I felt great so I took off and ran the rest by myself.

Many people had medical issues due to the heat and humidity today. Luckily, I took it slow and kept hydrated as much as I could during the run.


I finished the race in 5 hours and 30 mins. Right about what I thought I would finish. I guess I could have gone faster but the heat just slowed me down. That's okay. This was my first road marathon and anything I did as a PR :D


Made new friends on the course. Overall, I had a lot of fun at the race. Took a lot of photos and selfies. I just hope that Akron marathon in September will be cooler!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler