Happy Easter! 25 miles running week

On my social media accounts, I have a specific instruction on my profile " Please do not add me if you don't want to see running/fitness related posts" and I do mean it. I don't mind if someone is going to unfriend me on Facebook because they feel bombarded with my exercise posts. I consider Facebook and Instagram my private space and I post all fitness pics to keep me accountable and (hopefully) to inspire others to get their workout in.

After taking a break on Sunday to rest my ankle, I swam on Monday because I needed to practice swimming for the indoor triathlon at the university next week. Swimming is still my weakness in triathlon (well, actually my only strength is running 😂 ). I swam next to female swim team and felt like a swimming turtle.



Tuesday - I felt sluggish after I woke up so I decided to take it easy and do yoga instead. 



Wednesday - Tried riding wtih Zwift (an indoor cycling simulation). They allowed people to try the product for free for 7 days. I kinda like the program but may not subscribe to it (10 dollars/month) until winter when it's crappy outside (why do you bike indoor when it's nice outside?). 




Thursday - ran with M. She mapped out a new 6-mile route, which was perfect for us. The weather was nice and we had a good run.




Friday - ran with a colleague. She wanted to get back to running after taking a short break in the winter. We then scheduled a run on Fridays to keep both of us accountable. I only live 2 miles from her so I ran to her house, ran with her for 4 miles, and ran back. Got 8 miles in before work on Friday!




Saturday - Brick workout. Most people in my Saturday running group were running Forget the PR 50K at Mohican State Park. So, it's a good time to do BRICK workout (bike + run). Biked 20 miles followed by a 6-mile run. Ankles felt good. 




Sunday (Easter) - Ran easy 5 miles with Cuyahoga Valley Trail Runner (CVTR). Legs felt good (not too tired from yesterday). Ran slow with C before coming home to prepare a Thai dinner for friends tonight. We invited some friends over to celebrate the Thai New Year. This week I got in 25 miles (for running), which is fine with me. I don't really follow a solid training plan anymore. Just do what I feel like and what is good for my ankle. Turned out that this is the best kind of workout because it motivates me to wake up everyday. I am not stressed if I don't reach the daily run plan.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler