Beginning of a real triathlon training?

After the Buzzard Day 50K I took a week off from running and exercise. Did nothing on Monday to Wednesday (that's also because I was very busy at work). Then, I went to Boston for a conference from Thursday to Sunday. Was wearing my brace and sneakers all the time including when I gave a presentation (luckily, no one noticed it). Boston was nice but the weather that weekend was not. It was raining/snowing the whole weekend. I was in conference sessions and meetings all day on Thursday to Saturday. So, the weather did not affect me as much. Gave a presentation on Sunday morning. After the presentation, I had about 2 hours to grab some seafood and walk around the hotel before I went to the airport. 

Came home on Sunday evening exhausted. Took Sunday night off and relaxed at home. 

One week of no running and being out of town really helped the recovery process. My ankle also got better. I wanted to run on Monday morning but was busy all day. I squeezed in a short run on Monday evening (because I NEEDED to run so badly). 


This week was actually Spring break week. So I did not have to teach (yay). It's time to catch up on other stuff and grading. The campus was quiet, which was great to get some work done. I started the triathlon training plan on Tuesday for the upcoming indoor sprint tri on April 23. Swam 1250 m on Tuesday before I went to work. 

I went to the indoor cycling class on Wednesday and my legs felt like jello. Not sure if it's because I was still recovering from the 50K or because I lost some fitness. Anyway, good to get back on track again. 



I was supposed to run on Thursday but it was raining and I was too emotionally and physically exhausted to get up in the morning. There were some issues at work that bothered me and made my lose my focus. So, I took an easy Thursday. 

Tried to put the issues aside and get back on track again on Friday. At least the pool changed its setup so now we could do a longer swim (50m). I love the pool at the university. Very few people use it in the morning and it's close to where I work. 1500 m done!



I was debating on Friday night if I should do a long run on Saturday morning when my training plan was shifted to a triathlon training. I should run less and focus more on other skills. However, Saturday run is a social time where I get to be out in the woods with no distraction for a couple of hours. I could not give that up easily. So, I showed up to the regular Saturday group run and put in 12 miles. First long run after the 50K. Explored new trails. Felt awesome even though the weather condition was not ideal. Because we'd had a lot of rain last week, one race (Fools 25K/50K) was canceled because NPS did not want the trails to be damaged (good call). 




According to the training plan, I was supposed to bike on Sunday. However, it's the last day of my Spring break and I was very behind on work. So I spent my sunday morning working. Then, I volunteered at the Healthy Kids Running series in Twinsburg in the afternoon. This race was put together by my friend, A., to promote healthy lifestyle among young children. It's a series of race (5 weekends). My role was a time recorder at the finish line. It was nice to see many kids and parents participate in the race.



Not sure how next week is going to be with students back from Spring break and only one month left in the semester (*screaming in my head*). 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler