Autumn leaves 5 miler

One week after my first marathon so many things happened. The Cleveland Indians played in the World Series against the Cubs but they lost in Game 7 (final game). The whole town went crazy. This year Cleveland has been a non stop party beginning with the Cavs became the NBA champion. Then, RNC in July and last week was the World Series.

I signed up for this race because friends in the MRTT group who also ran the marathon last week were doing it. It's a 5 mile race on cross country trail in a farm. Supposed to be fun and beautiful.

The weather this morning was gorgeous. 50F and sunny. I could not have asked for anything better. I arrived at the race quite late so they ran out of t-shirt and cap. They said they would mail them to me later. Joined other MRTT runners for pre-race photo.

5 miler is not my favorite distance as I don't really know if I should aim for speed (like 5K) or endurance (10K).

I decided to do a 50K race at the end of this month. So, I went out and ran 12 miles yesterday (started at 6am). I looked at this race as a fun run with friends and hung with them the whole time. The pace was pretty good. We started off with 9 min/mile and were able to keep it throughout the race.

One section was in a corn maze. Pretty fun. Had a chance to snap a selfie before I got out of the corn maze.


Began to feel really good at Mile 4. So I increased the speed. The last 2 miles I was able to run a 8.50 and 8.46 min/mile. Woo! The course was NOT easy. Had a couple of small hills but they were nothing compared to what we ran last week. 


Finished the race with average speed of 9.06 min/mile, which is the pace that I haven't run for a long time (since April). Pretty happy with my performance.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler