MRTT Badass trail run to end the bad news day

I have to admit I'm still in shock after the election result came out on Tuesday night. Donald Trump was elected the President of the United States. Most people I know felt the same way and people posted all kinds of emotional messages on social media.

My day started with several back-to-back meetings, which did not go very well. In fact, the messages that I received at the meetings made my day even worse. After the afternoon class, I was mentally and physically exhausted. I was drained.

Luckily, I organized a trail run with MRTT ladies that evening. So I had something to distract my negative thoughts. My bad day ended with good conversation and nice run with friends.



What I realized from the news (about the election and my work) is that I can only control what I can control. I can control my teaching and research but I cannot control the policies and people around me.

#peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler