PorchRokr 5K - new PR

First race since Vermont 100 in July.

After Vermont DNF, I lost my motivation to exercise. It had become extremely hard for me to put on the running shoes and go out for a run or even go to a yoga class. All I wanted to do (besides working) was....nothing. I went out for a couple of runs with friends but was not able to get out and run by myself. My sleep schedule was messed up. I also tried to catch up with the work that I was supposed to finish before the beginning of the new school year. So, I was kinda stressed out about that.

Then, a group of friends told me to sign up for the PorchRokr 5K, which is a 5K race on the morning of PorchRokr event in Akron. They said it's a small race and I knew the organizer. I thought it would be nice to shift gears from running a long endurance race to race a short race to see how I felt. I arrived at the race early for packet pick up. Then, did a warm up run before the race.

I saw a lot of friends at the event and that was nice. PorchRokr 5K is a pretty nice course with not so many hills (or I did not feel them). I was able to run fast (for the first time in a LONG time) and keep a consistent pace the whole time.

It's been almost 2 years since I tried to race in a 5K and I realized how hard it was! My heart was pounding and everything hurt. The run was less than 30 minutes but it felt like an eternity.



I crossed the finish line with a 4 seconds PR. Woo hoo! I did not expect that at all since I had not been running fast or training for speed. I guess sitting and working all day made my legs fresh LOL




After the race, our group decided to run the course backward (of course, many people needed 20+ miles on that day). I ended up running 15 miles on that day. Hope I will be able to get back to the "training mode" to prepare for the Akron marathon :D

Sydney




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler