Fun weekend in Cleveland- bike & kayak

Despite the beginning of the school year crisis, I managed to have some fun this weekend (after missing all the fun on the labor day weekend because of work).

On Saturday, a group of us signed up for the Cleveland Fundo 30-mile bike ride around Cleveland. We started in Edgewater Park and rode to the Eastside and back. I had always wanted to explore Cleveland on the bike but did not have a chance until this event. Some friends did the 60 miles option last year and loved it. This year we opted for the shorter option because we were not ready for a long ride, which I was totally cool with the decision. I rolled my ankle during the run on Tuesday and it still hurt several days later. So, biking was the perfect opportunity to stay active without running.




Rode through downtown Cleveland on Saturday morning. Very quiet.



After the ride, we had lunch at the event before I came home to take a nap (and finish some work). 

On Sunday morning, I woke up early to run some miles to test how the ankle felt and it was much better. Now I have more confidence that I will finish YUTC 50K on this coming Saturday (ugh). The goal is to finish the race before the cutoff time. 

Then, P. and I went kayaking in Rocky River. I got this idea from J.'s birthday kayak trip. We rent the kayaks from the store and went out for 90 minutes. The water was pretty choppy and we were unable to go out to the lake today but that was fine. P. likes to kayak but we hadn't had a chance to go kayaking since we moved to Cleveland. The weather was really nice. 




I also saw the infamous paint color that was featured in the news last week. A contractor carelessly dumped pool paint into the river. Luckily, he was caught by the police a couple of hours after someone reported the incident. What an #arsehole.




Also spotted Great Blue Heron.


Nice day to kayak.



After we were done, we went to have lunch in Lakewood. It was a very good weekend with nice weather and quality time with friends and hubby. Since the weather in NE Ohio is pretty unpredictable, I have to take advantage of the nice weather days/weekends as much as I can.

Sydney



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler