Benefit of group run

I'd always run by myself for a long time - either at the gym or outside. Why? I thought that I needed time for myself to relax and to hide from other people. It's also convenient. I could run anytime I wanted anywhere I wanted.

Recently, I started going to a group run (pub run), which we start at a brewery, run 3-4 miles, and come back to drink beer ;) I realized the benefits of group run. With the right people, it's fun and it's a social activity. Everyone talks about running, their races, and gives me very helpful tips. Running has become another social activity that I enjoy. We get together, run AND chat (at the same time). I still need to work toward running and talking simultaneously because it's HARD!

Long runs seem shorter with a group run. Yesterday I wanted to go only 6 miles but ended doing 8 miles because the group talked me into it ;) 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler