Half marathon at Akron marathon 2016

It's the 3rd half marathon for me this year. I was lucky to get a free entry to either the half or the full marathon at Akron marathon. Registered for the half because I already signed up for the full at the end of October (Run with Scissors).

Somehow my name also appeared on the UA news that I would be running at this event as a part of the Department of Marketing. Seemed like I represented the College of Business faculty at the Akron marathon.

See the article here: U of Akron News&Events

Went to pick up the package at the John Knight center on Friday. Met Meb who was there as an honor recipient for this year Akron marathon. Got a chance to take a selfie with him at the Meet and Greet event.



On the race day, I ran into other runners that I knew from the TORN club and MRTT. Missed the picture with TORN ladies but it was nice to see familiar faces at the start line. 



I'd been feeling unwell for the past couple of days. Right ankle still kinda hurt but I usually felt better after the first mile. Also, that time of the month decided to pay a visit the day BEFORE the race (urgh). So, I did not aim for a PR or anything. Just wanted to have fun and run the Akron marathon course.

Took a selfie at Mile 3 with Swenson's Drive in.


Mile 6 - Ran through UA campus. Still felt ok.


Originally I wanted to take another picture at Mile 10 but I was too focused on time and pace that I forgot. So, I took a selfie at Mile 11 instead. It's straight downhill woo!


ANDDDDDDD I'm done! with the 3rd half marathon of the year. Funny that I only REALLY trained for the 1st half marathon (Eau Claire marathon) and the 2nd and 3rd are kinda out of the blue. Glad I finished. Though it's not my PR but I had fun along the way. 




I liked the organization at the finish line. No spectator allowed in the finish line area and even the food/drink area. Michelob Ultra was given out at the finish line. I also got a piece of cheese pizza and a bag of food, chocolate milk, banana, and vitamin drink. Not too bad, eh?




At the beginning, I was aiming for a negative split at this half but seemed like my pace was pretty consistent throughout (which was fine, too). 



I think I am going to run it again next year!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler