Getting better at open water swimming

Recently, I've been getting better at open water swimming. After we came back from the vacation, I did not go swimming at Lake Medina much. Been busy with work and running. Running took a lot of my free time as I increased distance every weekend. 

However, last weekend I had to cut my long run short. Planned to do 18 miles on trail but ended up cutting off at 7 miles because my right ankle really hurt. I decided to take a few days break from running and have been doing cross training (biking and swimming). Today I went swimming with Lake Medina swim group and we swam to the house that was farther. I swam 1.3 miles today!!! woo!! 3 months ago, I could not swim 400 meters without stopping. Today, we went 1.3 miles with only 1 stop! 




The weather was nice, water was cool but not to cold. Perfect for swimming!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler