Struggle

My motivation to get out and run has been kinda low lately. Maybe it's because I miss running groups, maybe because I am new to the area, or maybe it's just me.

My house is right next to Cuyahoga Valley National Park and there are so many trails and bike/hike trails to explore. I joined The Ohio Runners' Network (TORN) and went to their Speed/track workout on Wednesday. Everyone was friendly and welcoming. Did 4 miles on the track on Wednesday.

On Friday, I ran another trail that is only 5 minutes from my house (Oak Hill trail). The big loop is about 4ish miles. Nice trail but I still miss my trail running friends.


My breakdown was on Saturday. I was supposed to run 8 miles (long run) on that day. I got up, put on the running outfit, and drove to the trail start area. After debating with myself for 10 minutes, I decided to go home. I woke up late and did not get to the trail until 9am. P. and I were supposed to go to the city at 11 and I knew I would have come home late if I had run. It was also hot and I couldn't see any shade on the trail. I was miserable and felt like a loser. Then, one fact hit me. I am no longer in Eau Claire and don't have any running friend in the area (yet). I'd been busy with the house and stuff for the past couple of weeks that I did not have time to think about anything else. Then, when life is back to normal, I miss my old routines - Saturday long run with ITC ladies, Tuesday trail run with CVTR, Wednesday hill workout with A., and random trail runs with J. and E. 

Well, a friend once told me. Tomorrow is a new day. After telling myself that it's ok and took a day off. I ran that trail on Sunday morning. Following the Summit Metro Parks Running Spree program, I started from SR 303 parking lot and ran to Brandywine Falls and back. It was 8.5 miles. Felt great afterward. 

Next time I just have to remind myself that it's ok to have low motivation but the more important thing is to get back into it. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler