North Canton 4th of July race (5 miles)

Recently I've been trying to avoid using the word "First" in my posts (e.g., first race, first long run, etc). However, this race was actually my FIRST race in OH since we moved here!

I signed up for North Canton 4th of July road race because my new boss told me about it. His wife is the director of North Canton YMCA so she had to work on the race day. Since we did not have any plan on the long weekend, I signed up for the race. There were 2 distances - 2 and 5 miles. I did the 5 mile race.

It was a VERY HOT day. I did not do well in heat but I still managed to keep at 9.15min/mile pace. It's been a while since my last short road race and I kinda forgot how mundane it could be. The course took us through North Canton neighborhood with some hills. There were some spectators on the course but since it's a small race, it's pretty quiet.

Maybe it's time to cut back on short races? I would rather save the money and spend it on bigger (more expensive) races than pay for many small races.

Overall, it was a good race on a very hot day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler