Eka Pada Koundinyanasana I - Scissors pose

After we moved to Northeast Ohio, I found a yoga studio in Fairlawn (only 10 minutes from my house). It's a hot yoga studio and, from my experience with hot yoga in Eau Claire, I was pretty terrified of hot yoga. I remember hot yoga being excessive sweating, too fast pace, no drinking water for clients (available for purchase), and crowded room (all I worried about was trying not to kick the next person's head in three-legged dog). 

Yoga Bliss, the studio in Fairlawn, is a completely different experience. Though the room is heated, I never feel it's too hot that I cannot breathe. The classes are power yoga in the hot yoga room. They also have basic vinyasa in a non-heated room but I've never been in those classes. Their power yoga classes are MUCH SLOWER than the hot yoga classes in Eau Claire giving me time to hold poses and breathe. I still sweat a lot but never feel that I almost pass out in every downward dog. The class is 75 minutes. The good thing about this studio is they offer free towels and there is a shower room for clients for those who go straight from yoga to work. 

I think it's the studio problem in Eau Claire. 

Last week I tried a new pose - Eka Pada Koundinyanasana I or Scissor pose, which was introduced during the class. I'm still trying to find a "yoga home" in Ohio but I'm getting there :) 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler