Back on the trails

I don't really know when I can say my marathon training has begun. Seems like I've been running the same distance on Saturdays for the past couple weeks.

This weekend I ran with a new trail running group at Hinckley park. It's the first time I ran the trails at Hinckley Reservation. A colleague who is also a runner told me that she likes to run there because it's close to our houses (she only lives 5 minutes from us).

The trails were great. We ran a 12-mile loop, which had a lot of hills! I have a love hate relationship with hills but I know I need more hill workouts for the trail marathon in October.


My trail runner friends showed me berry trees and we picked and ate berries along the way. It's a new experience. As someone who grew up in a big city and believes you can only get fruits and vegetables at a grocery store, this experience amazed me.


One of us did not feel well so we cut the course short. Ended up with 12 miles. Next week I will be on vacation so I need to figure out how to squeeze my long run in on the weekend O_o


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler