Yoga pose: Sirsasana (tripod headstand & supported headstand)

Headstand pose away from the wall has been something that I am very frightened to try. I can do the pose with the wall just fine but rarely do the pose without the wall. I guess the wall gives me support and safety.

Then, my yoga teacher said in class one day (at the end of the class) that if we would like to try any pose after class, she was willing to help us. So, I told her that I would like to try tripod headstand starting from wide leg forward fold pose. My yoga teacher was AMAZING. She and the other yoga teacher helped guide me through the pose and at the end I was able to do it! Below is the picture that I took when I got home from that class. Still need to straighten the legs.



Two weeks later I had another chance in another hot yoga class to try the supported headstand. The teacher only suggested that we did some kind of inversion but I took a chance and tried the supported headstand. My body was warm up by that time so the pose was not as difficult as it used to be. 


Now I just need to practice practice and practice to perfect my headstand. Still don't know what the next journey will be but I'm very excited to try other advanced poses!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler