What happened to me during the #Quarantine?

First, all races have been postponed or made virtual or canceled.

Second, we are stuck at home.

Third, I stopped running with other people.

Because of COVID-19, the university canceled classes from March 17 to the end of March. Then, all classes went online afterward. So, April was batsh*t crazy for me. I also started to keep the social distance from all friends by exercising alone most of the time. It was hard and I missed my running friends.




Then, I had an idea of hosting an online Thai cooking class among friends who wanted to learn to cook Thai food. So, on April 11, we started a "green curry class" and taught our friends to make green curry through my university WebEx account. I will write another separate post about our #QuarantineCooking classes 



Because Forget the PR 50K and Outrun 24 were postponed to October, I had no race until September. So, I shifted my focus to triathlon training. I've been riding more and running less. Luckily, I am working with a triathlon coach and he keeps me on track with the training and adjusts my training based on how I feel & the workload. 

Many people are doing virtual ultras and it was very cool & motivating to see them running long distance despite the pandemic and race cancellations. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler