Blood donation/post-race week

Monday after the race weekend I donated blood. I always donate blood whenever I have a break (3-4 weeks) from races as it takes around 2 weeks for my body to recover from blood donation fatigue. 


This time I felt really weak after the donation. They also recommend no heavy lifting or exercise 8 hours after the donation. It's also the finals week and I had a lot of deadlines so I took 2 days off and did completely nothing (except work). 

Wednesday - went to the indoor cycling class. Kicked my butt as usual. Despite 2 days of resting, my legs were still tired. Not sure it's because of the races or blood donation. 



I was REALLY tired on Thursday. I felt like it's accumulated since the weekend. I tried to get out of bed in the morning to go for a run but I could not. Decided to sleep in and slept for 12 hours. It's also that time of the year when everything was due and needed to be done. I am usually stressed out and that always affects my exercise routine. 

Friday was a little bit better. I was not as tired as the day before so I went out for a 5-mile run in my neighborhood.

This picture was from the drive to Hudson for the Saturday run. 



Saturday - S. wanted a recovery run after her O24 (she ran 100K at that race). She was looking for 10ish miles starting at 6.30am. I ran with her for 10 miles before I went to the bike clinic hosted by Cleveland Tri Club. I then biked 14 miles with the group. Legs were still exhausted at the beginning of the run and then I felt better. I was still slow and tried to keep an easy pace during the run, which worked out pretty nicely.



Originally, I thought about going to the Sunday run with CVTR in Brecksville. I woke up and was still tired from yesterday exercises. My body was screaming for yoga. I went to the hot yoga class at Prana Yoga thinking it was going to be another stretching/easy class. I was wrong. Since there were only 5 students in the class (Mother's day), the teacher decided to do a handstand-focused class. After warming up the body, she let us practice handstand (a pose that I've never imagined I would do at the point). I finally kicked up to handstand against the wall. yay. Exhausting but fun class. 


Now I don't have a race to train for anymore. After the trail race last weekend, I thought about signing up for a 50 miler at Mohican but the price was very high (135 dollars). So, I'm still deciding if I should run 50 miles at Mohican or wait for the double marathon at Run with Scissors in October. Will see how my training goes and how the ankles feel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler