Getting back on track

After couple of weeks of switching to a loose triathlon training plan, I finally got in the groove.

Monday - All-level yoga. Started the week with low motivation to work and high level of stress due to a series of bad news last week. I needed something to calm me down.

Tuesday - Swim. It was raining pretty hard on Tuesday morning and I did not sleep well the night before so I canceled a run with M and went to the pool instead. Swam about 0.8 mile to practice bilateral breathing.



Wednesday - Indoor cycling class. After skipping class twice, I felt guilty for skipping another one. Now I realized the impact of cycling on my running. It helps tremendously on hills. 





Thursday - Oak hill trail run with M. We talked about possibilities in life. Time flew when we engaged in a good discussion. My ankle started to hurt less.


Friday - Candle light yoga. Wanted to swim in the morning but the pool was closed because of a competition. Then, I had a long meeting at work. The meeting was in a room with no window and it felt like 90 degrees inside. I almost passed out due to the heat. After the meeting, my brain and morale were dead. So, I went to a night yoga to release stress and relax.




Saturday - Buzzard day loop long run. After missing 2 weeks in a row, I finally got back to run with the dark-side folks again (yay). This week was the week before the Buzzard day trail race so a lot of people were tapering (aka running just 15 miles). I was a bit worried that my ankle would act up again during the run but it did not. Yoga does help!




After the run, I came home, had lunch, and ran some errands. I found a yoga workshop about practicing yoga at home in Lakewood. So, I went to the workshop. It was pretty helpful in getting you started on home practice. Not that I don't like going to the studio, but sometimes the studio class does not give me what I need. I also want to practice some advanced poses at home. Yoga also helps with my ankle injury and I want to do yoga on a regular basis.



Sunday - 4.5 easy miles with Cuyahoga Valley Trail Runners. The good thing about this group is they have both fast and slow groups. It's nice to run with a slow, more relaxed group when your legs are tired from yesterday long run. Today I was the slowest in the group and that's ok. 




With the triathlon training plan (less running), I'm not sure if I am going to reach the 1000 mile goal. It would be nice to reach it again this year but if I don't, it's also fine with me because I know that I still live an active lifestyle. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler