Saturday long run at Sand Run Parkway jogging trail

After the hectic first week in the new house/town, I finally had time for the first Saturday long run in Cleveland/Akron area. My house is only 20 minutes from Sand Run Metro Park, which is a big park in Summit county that has multiple trails including Dogwood trail that I ran on Wednesday.

One of the long trails at Sand Run is called Parkway Jogging Trail. It's a 6-mile, out-and-back paved trail that has more than 1,000 users a day. I really like the trails here as there are signs everywhere and the trails are clearly marked (good for runners that are easy to get lost like me). However, I still rely on Google map on my phone when I run.



There are multiple restroom stops on the trail. These made me think of my EC running ladies.


Creek and small water fall on the trail. 


It was the first long run in 2 weeks for me so I took multiple walk breaks (plus, it was super hot). The scenery was beautiful and the trail took me along the metro park. From now on, I'm going to take this trail as a go-to trail when I need 6 miles in (to replace Carson park loop). The only thing that I don't like is that the trail is an out-and-back route (making me run through the same spot twice).

On the way home, I stopped by a farmers' market on Riverview rd. Similar to Phoenix Park, they have live music and vendors. The market here is a lot bigger, tho.


One cool thing about Summit metro parks is that they have a metro parks running spree program. To participate, you will have to run at least six trails listed in the program (see the picture below). You can either run six different trails or same trail multiple times. After you complete and submit the form, you will get a reward, which is a race medal. I think it's a great way to explore different trails in Summit county. The program is funded by tax dollars from Summit county. If you live outside the county, you will have to pay 10 dollars to receive the medal.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler