First run in Ohio

We have moved!! Because of a job opportunity, we moved from Eau Claire, WI to Richfield, OH (a town between Cleveland and Akron) last week. The moving process together took us about 2 weeks from packing to unpacking and settling in the new house. We had also been busy with decorating the house and some small house projects. Finally, had some time to sit down and explore the running and yoga community in Ohio.

Yesterday (Wednesday June 22) was the first day that I went out for a run. It's hard to run around my neighborhood because we live very close to the interstate and big roads. I heard that many people run at Sand Run metro park, which is about 20 minutes from my house. I googled and found a 'jogging trail' (about 6 miles) so I decided to give it a try. 

Of course, Google map address did not work in running. I put in an address and the GPS led me to someone's house. Took me 45 minutes of driving around the park to find a parking area and trailhead. On the map, it said 'jogging trail' so I assumed that it's a paved trail and put my road running shoes on. There were a lot of road constructions and detours and I could not find a parking area for the 'jogging trail'. Finally, I found another trail called "dogwood trail" on the map. At that point, I was tired to finding a parking area and just wanted to start running. 

On the map, Dogwood trail is about 1.8 mile loop trail. I did not know if it's paved or not. Turned out that it's just a hiking trial. Sorry, road running shoes. You will have to get dirty today. 


Instead of saying the name like those trails at Lowes Creek, the trail signs here are pictures. You have to remember what trail the picture stand for. 


It's also h-i-l-l-y... I took the picture below after I saw that I had to climb that hill. 


Ended up running the loop twice. It was pretty around here but I still miss my running groups back in Eau Claire. I wish they were here with me. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler