My experience with group runs

Since I started running, I'd been too scared to run in a group because I thought I had to be very fast to run with the seasoned runners. One thing I did not think about - runners are the best group of people to hang out with.

The local running club in my town started a pub run on Thursday night that made me want to run in a group (and yes, I run for alcohol). What would be a better combination between running and beer? ;) (isn't it the reason why people run?). I've started to go to the Thursday night pub run (see the last post) and really enjoyed the people and the conversation. It's hard for me to find runners anywhere else (especially at work). Let alone the conversation about running!!! I learned a lot from other runners who have run several marathons including Boston.



This morning (Saturday) was my first time joining the Saturday training group to prepare for my Monster Dash 10 miles in the cities. Others were training for other marathons but they always do the long run on Saturday morning. Again, I was the slowest in the group but still enjoyed it :) 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler