Why a running blog?

I don't know what makes me decide to create another blog when I already have too many!!! I have a blog for my baking, one for personal/daily life, one for my wedding (closed), and one for my job (for professional reason). Maybe it is because I don't think my interests now and then could be combined in the same blog (at least, not under the same name). I had been interested in baking for a long time but recently lost interest in it (for no reason).

My first running journey started when I was in my 4th year in grad school. A friend of mine asked if I wanted to run a 5K with her and I immediately said yes. I'd been running at the gym for a while (just for exercise) but never thought about running races (partly, because I thought those who run races were insane. Who would spend more than one hour on the road or treadmill?).

Well, I ended up doing a couple of 5Ks after that. Last year (2014) I did two 5Ks, one 4 milers, and one 13K trail run. Most races that I participated in were about either food or drinks (e.g., Donut dash 5K, Surly 13K, etc). So, I realized that I DO run for food and drinks.

I started this blog just to document my training, race recaps, and post-race celebrations as I begin to be serious about it (invested too much in those exercise clothes, urgh). Another activity that I picked up in the past couple of years is yoga. I found that yoga complements running and reduces injuries.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler