Races weekend. Am I (really) back???

The weather had changed dramatically in one week. Last week I was still biking in a humid 70 degree weather on Sunday and stopped by the Towpath marathon to cheer on the runners. This weekend I ran two races (5K and a half marathon) in a 40-50 degree weather.

My colleague signed me up to run Komen Race for the Cure 5K on Saturday. I thought "why not?". The race was at the Rubber Duck stadium and we ran as a part of a team that her friend created. The race was to raise money for and awareness to breast cancer, and to celebrate breast cancer survivors. We arrived at the race about an hour prior to the start. It was cold and rainy in the morning. The race was fun and we went to a post-race brunch party at her friend's house.




and of course, after the brunch, I came home to shower and went to Brewnuts (as usual). My husband wanted to go somewhere to study for his upcoming test. Where would be better than a donut and beer shop? I was supposed to work while he was studying but I got lazy and ended up just eating donut, drinking beer, and hanging out. 

If you live in Cleveland and have never been to Brewnuts, you should go. It's my favorite donut shop. They also have multiple beers on tap. 



On Sunday, I signed up for the Inaugural Crowell Hilaka trail run. First, I signed up for the 50K but after doing a training run on the course last weekend, I decided to switch to the half marathon because some part of the trail was too hard on my bad ankle. 

The Crowell Hilaka course is a 6-mile loop. The 50K runners run it 5 times and the half marathoners run 2 times. At the end, the runners will have to run an out-and-back section (1 mile) to pick up Halloween treats and bring them back to the finish line. 

Since the race was just 8 minutes from my house, I arrived about 10 minutes before the start and was kinda rushing through the packet pick up and getting myself ready for the race. About two miles into the race, I had to go to the restroom but I did not have toilet paper with me O_o. Luckily, the runner who used the restroom before had extra paper towel so she left it for me (and saved my life). 

Note to self - arrive at the race early and finish your business before the race starts. 

I started to feel "good" at the beginning of the 2nd loop. The weather was cooler than last weekend and it's the perfect running temperature (for me). I felt great throughout the race and a bit sad that I did not do the 50K. Oh well, I needed to take care of the ankle first :) 


Overall, the Inaugural Crowell Hilaka was a fun, laid-back race put together by people who know and love the sport. Most importantly, it's a donation-based race and the proceeds will go to non-profit organizations.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler