Feel good to give back

One good thing about not training for any big race is my weekends are more flexible and I don't have to think about how many miles I have to cover on Saturday & Sunday (aka I don't "need" XX miles).

As I wanted to slowly get back to running, I did not want to do any "crazy" long run on Saturday. Also, I missed the first Doan creek clean up this year because I ended up in the boot the day before. I decided to go to the 2nd Doan Creek clean up this weekend. It was great to see more than 30 people showed up to do something good to the community. Together we collected over a hundred bags of garbage in Rockefeller park in Cleveland. As I was picking up trash on the trail and on the street, I admit that I was mad at those irresponsible people that did not think about others in the society but themselves. We picked up a lot of beer cans, bottles, snack bags, clothes, fast food containers, etc. Cleaning up Doan Creek makes me want to be a better citizen and a better person.



On Sunday I was supposed to race at Vermillion triathlon but after considering the state of my ankle and recovery, I decided to defer it to the next race in HFP series (Portage Lake triathlon) in September. So, I joined MRTT ladies for a 4-mile trail run in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park in the morning followed by a 20-mile bike ride on the Towpath. It was nice to catch up with old running friends and meet new friends (some of them ran trail for the first time). Around Mile 1, I rolled the bad ankle AGAIN! Ugh. I was so frustrated with myself that I screwed up again on an easy run. I may have to get back in the boot for one more week. 




The run started at 6 on Sunday so I got to see the sunrise :)




I only biked outside a couple of times this year and am not at all confident in biking outside. The issue with my left ankle makes it hard to clip in the bike and stand on tiptoe. sigh. Luckily, I only sign up for the sprint triathlon and the bike section will be over before I know it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler