Trying to become a morning runner?

Last Saturday someone posted on the MRTT (Moms run this town) Akron group that she needed to do her first 10 miler on Saturday starting at 7am. Since I needed to run 15 miles on Saturday but I did not want to run alone and would prefer to finish the run early, I thought I would join her for the first 10. Then, run on my own the rest of the distance.

Another person posted that some people would start earlier (coz they needed to go home to their kids) at 5.45am. That was perfect for me as I might be able to cover all the distance with the groups. So, I forced myself to wake up at 5am, prepared for the run, and went to meet with other ladies at 5.45. Luckily, another runner (B.) had to run 18 miles and be done by 8.30am. She ran a bit faster pace (9-10 min/mile). I haven't run that pace since I moved to OH and started more trail running but I thought I would try. B and I ran together for 6 miles before we came back and met with other ladies at 7am. On that day, I ran 16 miles (more than I needed) and was done by 10am (amazingggg)

I found that I got more done on that day (even though it's not work-related) and felt really good. So, when someone posted that she would run on Monday morning, I joined her on the run, too.

Today was my earliest run ever. I ran with the 5@5 group in Hudson. They usually run 5 miles at 5 o'clock in the morning!!! I refused the urge to roll back to bed, got dress and drove to Hudson. Finished the run by 6am. Came home before hubby even woke up. Had breakfast and coffee. Then, went to a meeting at 9. I felt like a champion!

That's the benefit of a group run. It keeps me accountable for morning runs and I love it!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler