Blue Line training run - 20 miles

There was an organized training run for the Akron marathon called "Blue line training run". You have to follow the blue line on the road as that's the Akron marathon course. I am not signed up for the Akron marathon because I already signed up for the Run with scissors marathon in October. Plus, I did not want to do any long road race.

This is what the blue line looks like on the road. It's faded in some sections but some said they are going to re-paint it soon.

Trail running is much more relaxing for me. I can go at my own pace, walk up the hills, and pay full attention to the trail. However, I do enjoy good company and don't mind running the road if I have friends to run with.

Many people I know were running the Blue Line training run. Some did 12 and some did 20 miles. So, that's an incentive for me to do this training run even though I don't need 20 miles at this point. However, since I already did 16 last week and wanted to try the first 20 miler, I decided to go for 20!

The run started at 7 and supposed to go until 11. There were 3 water stations at Mile 6, 12, and 17. My goal was only to cover 20 miles and I intended to go slow. I ran the first 10 miles at about 10.30-11 min/mile but I slowed down during the 2nd half (also walked a bit). Still finished in 4 hours.

Met many new people during the run. One of them was Helen who intended to run the Akron marathon in the Chef costume carrying a 6-pound pot. She wants to set a Guinness world record. She also raises fund for the Akron-Canton food bank. This is super cool.


This is the picture at the finish line. They had another water station, banana, and water melon. Although I'm not running the Akron marathon, I have explored the town and the course in this training run! Woo!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler