Spring Fever 15K (5K + 10K)

Spring Fever 5K and 10K is usually a good race if one is doing a half or a full marathon. It's a race that you can do the speed workout (because you are 'racing'). I did this race last year (10K) to prepare myself of the EC half marathon.

This year, because I got more involved with the track club, I both volunteered and ran at this race (both 10K and 5K). They were looking for someone to work at the registration area so I signed up for that. Arrived at the race location at 7am and helped at the day-off registration counter. Then, the 10K race started at 8.30am. My goal was to run 'faster' than the last one and try to get in under 1 hour. Turned out that it went better than I thought so I came in around 56 mins (fast for me). The weather was kinda chilly and windy this morning (c'mon Spring, please give us warmer weather).



The 5K race did not start until 10am (I guess that's because they needed to give enough time for people to finish their 10K). So, Ann, Jerri, and I just went for a quick 1 mile run. Our original goal was to get 15 miles in today. The 5K race went very well (maybe because I fueled enough before the race started). I was able to maintain a 8.30 - 8.45 min/mile pace throughout the course (it's only 3 miles). Thanks to a couple in front of me who were my 'pacers' until the last half mile. I did not look at the official result because we left to run 4 more miles right away but I knew for sure that I got a new PR for this distance as well.


Thanks to all friends and volunteers who cheered on me during the entire courses. It really helps to see that someone is supporting you and is there for you.

And yes, we tried to run 4 more miles as our goal was to get 15 miles in before the half marathon. It was windy and cold. We were very tired. At the end, we only ran 3.5 miles but that made the total miles for me today equal to 'almost' 14 miles! (not bad). I think I should be ready for the half marathon on May 1. Will see how I do this time.

  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler