Sissy run at Run with Scissors

This will be a short blog because I had nothing much to update since the last Akron marathon post in terms of running/triathlon. 

October was crazily busy (as always) and I tried my best to keep my head above water (barely). There were so many things going on at work that I could barely keep up. That said I was not running/biking/swimming much in October. Also, I was exhausted all the time and did not have much energy. The weekend before the race I went to run on Loop the Lake course with friends. Despite the slow pace (12 min/mile), my HR was up to 170-180 bpm and I started to wonder what was wrong with my body. 

The week leading up to the race was packed with events, teaching, meetings, and other activities and I did not really have time to rest much. After talking to my coach, I decided to drop from the marathon to the half marathon at Run with Scissors because I wanted to give my body a break. 

Race morning - It was raining when I woke up. I also slept through the alarm and did not make it to the start of the marathon (oops). So, I showed up at the half marathon start at 9am (like 6 minutes before the race started), picked up the bib, and started running. 

Luckily, I saw T. and we ran together the whole way. It was like the old days where I showed up to the group run on Saturday morning and shot the sh*t with friends. 

The trails were muddy as they should be. It already stopped raining when we started the half marathon so the weather was pretty nice (warmer than usual).  



The race was pretty low-key and friendly. I saw a lot of friends on the course either volunteering or running and it was good for the tired soul. 



The good thing about running just a half marathon is that it was short and I could spend the afternoon doing other things (especially, rest & relax). I got home around when P. was done teaching so we talked about our winter plan and were able to make plans for our winter travels. After lunch, we went to Asia Town for Hong Kong waffle and coffee :) It was an afternoon well spent. 



I still have Regal Beagle 50K in 3 weeks. Depending on how I feel in the next 3 weeks, I will adjust the race distance based on that. At this point, I have to prioritize everything in life and unfortunately running/training is not very high on the priority :( 

Sydney

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler