2022 Forget the PR 25K (More like 28K)

 This year Forget the PR is back to in-person. Yayyyy. 

I signed up for the 25K because of pure FOMO. I like the race, the location, and the people. I hadn't been trail running in a couple of months so I knew that the race would be slooowww and probably mainly hiking for me. 

The race is named "Forget the PR" for a reason. They threw in as many hills as they could find at Mohican State Park to the course including the famous "Big Ass Hill". 

We drove down to Mohican in the morning because my race (25K) did not start until 9am. I missed this race in 2019 (before COVID) because I had a conference on that day. At the packet pick-up, it was very nice to see many people I knew and caught up with them since COVID. The trail running community is amazing and everyone is so friendly and laid back. 




The start was quite uneventful. The RDs talked about the flag colors and how the course was marked. I have not been to Mohican since last year. I think the last time I went down there was to run the virtual Forget the PR last April. Here is me very excited to run at Mohican again. 




After about 2-3 miles in, we had to climb up the Big Ass Hill




Here is me on top of the BAH trying to smile at the camera. 



It got really really warm (80+ degrees) around noon (mile 10) and I was struggling. We were not used to that warm weather in Ohio yet (considering that it was snowing 5 days ago). Many people also struggled. Thank god the aid stations were AMAZING. The cover bridge aid station gave me a popsicle around mile 13 when I was heading back to the start/finish line. That helped a lot. 

I finished around 4.5 hours, which is not bad considering that I have not been on trail for a while and the race is about 2600 ft of elevation gain. 

P volunteered to help make the post-race food for runners. We waited until T. finished (it's her 10th finish at this race) before we headed home. I was pretty exhausted from the race and the heat. So, we just made something easy for dinner and watched TV. 

I will definitely sign up for this race again next year. I will have to see what my big race next year will be (depending on how the Ironman goes this year). I may stick with the Ironman or the half Ironman distance or I may switch back to train for another 100 miler. Anything is possible at this point.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler