Regal Beagle 50K & Cooking class weekend

Wow. All I could say is that the past weekend was a pretty eventful weekend. On Saturday, I went out for a hike with friends (tapering for a 50K race on Sunday). It was good to catch up with my favorite people and get my mind off of work. 

Then, we visited Purple Skies Farm. A participant in our cooking class referred us to the lady who owns the farm and she invited us to visit the farm on Saturday. 



This pandemic year has been crazy for many of us including me and P. We had to cancel our trips and travel. But one good thing that happened to us during the pandemic was the #QuarantineCooking class that we started in April. The class has grown so much since we started. I was looking at the data last week and decided to create an infographic chart to summarize the statistics from our cooking class. It was fun to see the numbers (yes, we are nerds). 



We taught the cooking class on Saturday evening (it's now offered once a month) and had a lot of fun (as usual). Many new people have joined us (mostly through word of mouth) and told us that they liked our class. We are surprised at ourselves that we keep the class going this long. We thought it was going to be something we do for fun during the stay-at-home order in Spring. 

On Sunday morning, I had the 4th Regal Beagle 50K race in Bath, OH. The start line was only 8 minutes drive from my house. It was gloomy and rainy on the race day. My goal going into this race was just to do my best and finish the race. I have not been running as much as I was last year so I did not expect any PR. 

The race this year was different with a staggered start time. Some people dropped out because they were from the states with high COVID risk. The race, runners, and volunteers all practiced excellent COVID protocols. All of them had a mask on and keep the social distance. At the packet pick up, they also gave out a silicone cup to be used during the race. I have run Regal Beagle 50K since its inaugural year so I felt that I had to keep my streak going. 




The first 3 loops went fine without any rain. It started raining during my 4th loop and the rain got harder toward the end. As usual, I felt like sh*t during the first loop but then I felt better during the 2nd and 3rd loop. The course is fast with some hills but not too hilly. I like it. 




Too bad that we could not hang out after the race. I saw many friends on the course and in the parking lot. However, I did not have time to talk to them as everyone had different start times. There was no post-race hang out. When I finished, I took the medal and went home. It was pretty uneventful but at least it was an in-person race. I am glad that I finished another Regal Beagle 50K. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USA Triathlon Age Group National Championships

2022 Ironman Chattanooga - "Sydney Chinchana, YOU ARE AN IRONMAN!!!"

Canal Corridor 100 - First 100 Miler